Justin Teddy Cliffe
Artist, Theatre Maker and Creative Producer
Flat 3, 8 Clifton Place • Newport, Gwent • NP204EX
MOB 07511139773 • E-MAIL firstname.lastname@example.org WEB www.justinteddycliffe.co.uk
I’m a South Wales based Theatre Maker involved in the creation of theatre and live events, making work as an individual, a collaborator and as a founding member of Tin Shed Theatre Co.
Through my practice I aim ti create exciting new work that includes and reaches people who don’t typically visit the theatre.
I am also a project/workshop facilitator focusing on working with children and young adults exploring their lives through devised theatre making, autobiographical story performance and creative/experiential learning.
Bachelor of Arts: Performing Arts (2:1) University of Wales, Newport.
Enrolled 2005 Graduated 2008
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
IETM Attendance and Training in 'Artists Working With Communities’ - Lead by A.R.E.A Network, Denmark Arhus.
Arwen Schools – Adventurous Training in Outdoor Arts - Walk The Plank x2 Years
Ferment Fortnight - Bristol Old Vic Project Development: TigerFace
Clowning With John Richardson - 101 Outdoor Arts Creation Space
Lead Creative Schools with ACW - Arts Council Wales & Creative Culture & Education, Swansea
WalesLab Summercamp - National Theatre Wales TEAM
Thrift Music Theatre - MAKE LEARNING IRRESISTIBLE SEMINAR 2013 Teacher/Workshop Leader Training - 2-Day Intensive - Conference.
Thrift Music Theatre -EXPERIENCEOLOGY: THE SEEK 2010
Artist Development - 1-Week - International Road Trip.
Chinaplate Theatre - THE OPTIMISTS 2010
Artist/Company Development - 1-Week Intensive – Artists Retreat.
Birmingham REP - GRASS ROUTES: WRITERS PROGRAMME 2009
Writer Development and Tutoring - 4-Month Sporadic – Classes.
Directing. Project Management: Theatre, Live-Art and Outdoor Arts. Community and Youth Facilitation. Theatre Producing. Programming. Event Planning and Curation. Graphic Design. Marketing.
Camera Operation – Video Editing – Stop Motion Animation – Music Composition Digital & Guitar - Workshop Facilitation.
• Artist In Residency – Hen Wlad Ein Plant - National Resources Wales & National Theatre Wales
• Director - Ghost Cities - Sherman Youth Theatre at The Sherman Theatre Cardiff
• Artist & Facilitator - Llanrumneyisms - Moving Roots Cultural Network - BAC & Common Wealth
• Creative Producer - CULTIVATE Artist Development - Spring & Autumn - The Riverfront
• Director & Facilitator – RED ZONE – Live theatre performance with HATCH Youth Theatre.
• Director, Co-Producer & Community Facilitator – Rocket Launch Blaenavon – Large-scale Outdoor Theatre ACW, Heritage Lottery Wales and CADW
• Producer & Curator - Life On Marsh – Gwent Wild Life Trust, Magor Marshland Trust & Holbrook Studios
• Director – The Jury – Interactive online theatre performance with HATCH Youth Theatre.
• Creator Performer – Life Coach – Network - National Theatre Wales
• Workshop Facilitator - WHO WE ARE - Online workshop facilitation - Barnados Newport
• Online Public Art – Sofa Share Wales - Community focused digital theatre during Pandemic
• Creative Producer – RIGHT NOW – Le Public Space, Dirty Protest & ACW.
• Director and Co-Producer – BIG SKIES 2019 - Our Living Levels & RSPB w/ Tin Shed Theatre Co.
• Performer – STORM 3 – National Theatre Wales
• Director – Camelot – Alison Hargreaves Media - Uncertain Kingdom Documentaries.
• Director and Co-Producer – BIG SKIES 2018 - Our Living Levels RSPB - Tin Shed Theatre Co.
• Director and Co-Producer – Moby Dick on the Transporter Bridge – WIP - Tin Shed Theatre Co.
• Co-Collaborator/Performer – Boxes - Theatr Iolo & Tin Shed Theatre Co.
• Performer – Almost Always Muddy – BAC Collaborative Touring Network – Likely Story Theatre
• Director & Co-Producer — Apocalypso – TST with The Riverfront
• Director & Co-Producer - Le Flea Du Cirque – National Festivals Tour - TST
• Writer/Actor – Star Pupil – First Campus Tour of Gwent Primary Schools, Wales –TST
• Spoken Word – HIPPOPOTOMOUTH – Express Yourself – Mr & Mrs Clark
• Devisor/Performer – Bottled – Alma Alter Festival Bulgaria – We Made This with Tracy Harris
• Collaborator/• Performer – Hotel Limbo – Bristol Old Vic Ferment Fortnight - TST
CREATING: HAPPINESSLESS A mid-scale touring physical theatre production that uses a revolving stage to tell the story of three people suffering with long term ill mental health.
DEVELOPING: HOMING: A collaboration between Artists and Pigeon Fanciers exploring the incredible abilities of homing pigeons and the powerful notions of ‘home’.
I’m a multi-faceted theatre maker committed to creating high quality performance art for people who might not typically visit the theatre. In my own practice I use play, movement, discussion and a certain kind go ‘laidbackness' to enable others to access their creativity, and I believe that the act of ‘doing’ is the most fundamental part of discovering and making something new.
As a producer, my work has primarily existed outdoors.
Rhiannon White - Artistic Director - Common Wealth email@example.com
Gemma Durham - Head of Theatre & Arts - The Riverfront firstname.lastname@example.org
Applying for Creative Practitioner at Cwmcarn. Primary School. Lead Creative Schools Project.